APPLE CLAIMED almost 70 percent of the enterprise smartphone market in the third quarter of 2014, thanks to the release of the iPhone 6.
That's according to Good Technology's latest Mobility Index Report, which reveals that the iPhone accounted for 69 percent of global enterprise smartphone activations in the third quarter, up from 67 percent in Q2.
According to Good Technology, the smaller iPhone is proving the more popular of the two, accounting for 85 percent of new iPhones activated during the three-month period. The iPhone 6 Plus claimed 15 percent.
The report also shows that Android accounted for 29 percent of enterprise smartphone activations during the quarter, down from 31 percent in the previous quarter.
Despite aiming squarely at the business market, Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system claimed just one percent of activations during Q3, the same share it has seen for the past six quarters.
A final one percent was reserved for 'other' operating systems, suggesting that some are still clinging onto a BlackBerry device.
Good Technology's report also takes a look at enterprise tablet activations, which delivered more good news for Apple.
The iPad accounted for 89 percent of activations during the third quarter, while Android tablets claimed the remaining 11 percent. Windows tablets are yet to make a dent on the market, it seems.
Apple will be looking to further increase this stake given its recent partnership with IBM, which the firm claims will "transform" enterprise mobility.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said: "iPhone and iPad are the best mobile devices in the world and have transformed the way people work with over 98 percent of the Fortune 500 and over 92 percent of the Global 500 using iOS devices in their business today." µ
They are supposed to be motivational, but you know how whacky AI is
Ryzen 3 microprocessors outed for the first time, all with four cores and four threads
'Little hope for victims to recover their data,' warns Kaspersky
From our 'shurely shome mishtake' file