A girl I know wrote gullible on the ceiling of her school. She kept telling people that the word was written on the ceiling - Charlie Demerjian
APPLE HAS WARNED European users of its two-pronged iDevice charger that it can overheat and said that they should exchange it at one of its Apple stores or an authorised reseller.
"Apple has determined that, in rare cases, the Apple 5W European USB power adapter may overheat and pose a safety risk. This adapter came with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S models shipped from October 2009 to September 2012. It was also sold as a standalone accessory," it said.
"Customer safety is always Apple's top priority, and we have voluntarily decided to exchange every affected power adapter for a new, redesigned adapter, free of charge. We encourage customers to exchange any affected adapter for a new one as soon as possible using the exchange process below."
UK users are not affected, but users in 37 European countries could be. Concerned users are advised to check the base of their charger includes the following information.
"An affected adapter features Model A1300 and the letters 'CE' in solid gray. If you have an affected adapter, discontinue use and exchange it for a new one. You can charge your iPhone by connecting it via a USB cable to your computer until you receive a replacement adapter." Apple said.
"A redesigned adapter features Model A1400 and the letters 'CE' outlined in gray. You do not need to exchange your adapter."
Users should make an appointment at their local Apple Store.
The incident is just the latest example fo the perils faulty accessories can cause technology firms, with Panasonic and Nokia both recently having to issue warnings of fire risks to users of their devices. µ