The Inquirer-Home

Assassin’s Creed 3 is making a killing in the UK games charts

A record breaking entry for Ubisoft
Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:04
assassins-creed-connor

SNEAK AND JUMP AND KILL PEOPLE game Assassin's Creed 3 is sitting astride the top of the UK games charts, which has its publisher in a rather good mood.

The game was released last week and it climbed quickly to the top of the charts. It has doubled the first week sales of Assassin's Creed 2 when that was launched, and stands as Ubisoft's best selling game on release of all time.

Assassin's Creed 3 sales were only surpassed by those of the football classic Fifa 13, which was released earlier this year and shifted more copies.

The game seems to be most popular on the Xbox, which has seen 59 percent of its sales. The Playstation 3 version has accounted for the remaining 41 percent.

It was bad news for last week's number one game, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, where sales fell by almost half, 46 percent, and knocked the game down into sixth place. The aforementioned Fifa 13 is holding steady at number two, having shed only two percent of its sales numbers.

It would be fair to say that we mostly enjoyed the Assassin's Creed 3 experience, as you can see in our review. Although we had some reservations, it was worthy of an eight out of 10 score.

UK games sales tables are compiled by UKIE, the Association for UK Interactive Entertainment. µ

 

Share this:

blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement
Subscribe to INQ newsletters

Sign up for INQbot – a weekly roundup of the best from the INQ

Advertisement
INQ Poll

Microsoft's Windows 10 Preview has permission to watch your every move

Does Microsoft have the right to keylog users of its Windows 10 Technical Preview?