A BLOKE in Santa Fe, New Mexico has been sued by his neighbour for refusing to turn off his WiFi and mobile phone.
Arthur Firstenberg claims he was made homeless by his heartless neighbour who refused to switch off to help him, since he believes that the radio waves make him sick.
Firstenberg claims that he's been forced to live in his car because of his neighbour's use of WiFi. He said that he can't stay in a hotel, because hotels and motels all have WiFi connections, which he claims trigger a severe illness.
You might be surprised to hear that this case is being dealt with seriously in the US, where it has been assigned to District Court Judge Daniel Sanchez.
So far it has not been proven that WiFi has any impact on human health, but there is a lot of evidence that people suffering from "electromagnetic sensitivity" are simply suffering from psychosomatic disorders.
It has been suggested that rather than bothering people with court actions demanding that others stop living a normal life and pay attention to their neuroses, they might like to try therapy or medication instead.
Sheesh, what is wrong with putting on a tin foil hat like the Luddites of my day used to wear?
The court papers say that if Firstenberg cannot obtain preliminary relief, he will be forced to continue to sleep in his car, enduring winter cold and discomfort, until this case can be heard.
So it sounds like justice might be served after all. µ
It's time for our regular two-step through the Google news
Bug bounty offer: accepted